Friday, March 14, 2014

Bella's New Bed {a DIY post}

When we moved last month, we decided Bella would have her own bedroom while the boys shared. We got her a twin mattress, which of course led to needing a "big girl" bed. I perused Craigslist for a week or two and then one day... $20 for this perfectly perfect bed frame, which came with all the hardware and pieces. I got to work on it right away (and my I, I mean Brian).


Brian got his automatic sander out and roughly did the whole bed.


Then he used a 3M medium-grit sanding sponge for the corners and crannies. 




The wood on the sides of the bed frame was cracked and split, so Brian used Elmer's wood filler to fill it before sanding these pieces. 




Next Brian used a basic grey primer. He just did a quick, light coat, then let it dry before painting. We chose a gloss white from Valspar for the paint. It's wipeable, and crisp-looking- perfect for a kid's bedroom. 

We let Bella choose her own bedding, which was (sadly) really hard for me to do! Control freak much?
It is definitely not what I would have chosen, and maybe it's not Pinterest worthy, but she loves it, and it suits her perfectly. And the smile on her little face made the effort worth it :)









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...