As you read before in my summer exploring list and this post here my focus over the summer was to abide and rest. So honestly, what does that look like and how does it happen when you have little ones running circles around you each day?
First, in all honesty, it's hard. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being a mom and I feel so incredibly grateful to stay at home with them each day. My goal this summer is to abide and if I look further I want it to become a part of my daily thoughts. So, I am starting small.
(Picture from 2012)
1. Find time each day to spend 10 minutes reading your Bible, praying and writing in a journal. I write my prayers in my journal because it is easier for me to write to Him while the boys are playing right beside me.
2. Make time each day to freshen up. Wash your face, put a little makeup on, put the yoga pants aside and put on some clothes that make you feel comfortable and pretty.
3. After nap time each day I let the boys watch a quick show to wake up while munching on a snack. Once the show is done we read for a little while. This is time to slow down and ease in to our afternoon without rushing.
4. Talk to Him throughout the day for peace, comfort and rest. Ask Him to show you and then begin to notice what makes you feel rested.
5. Take 10 minutes and refresh an area in your home that has been irritating you or makes you feel stressed. I will usually do our family room, kitchen table or our kitchen (dishes and countertops).
6. Put some balance or whisper in the diffuser and curl up on the couch with a good book.
These are a few ways that I find rest as a busy mama and they have truly changed how I go about my day and I learn to slow down more. I am working to find that rest in Him and in our home because it can bring such a calm and resting atmosphere to our home when I am calm and then the boys play calmly and Josh can come home to a peaceful home. Take one day at a time mama, focus on abiding and find that rest that is waiting for you.
How do you find rest as a mom?
I'm Elisha, a wife to a dreamer and mama to two rambunctious & adorable boys and a writer from the heart. I have a passion to show moms how to live authentically in motherhood and everyday life. You can follow me on my blog and daily posting on my Instagram .